Monday, July 26, 2010

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

I was at a friends house and she made us these amazing chicken salad sandwiches. I love chicken salad and have compiled several favorite recipes . My friend put them on croissants but I did not have any when I made it for my family, so I used the sandwich thins.


Chicken Salad



1-2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cooked, cooled and cubed
1/3 c. mayonnaise
1 t. mustard
9-12 red seedless grapes, halved
1/4 c. pecans, chopped
Dash of Mrs. Dash seasoning
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and serve on bread of choice.


Tips:


-I like to buy the big packages of chicken breasts on the bone and cook them in the oven with the skin still on and seasoned with salt and pepper and drizzled with olive oil. I bake them at 375 degrees F. for about 30 minutes or until the meat is not pink in the middle anymore. I let them cool and peel the meat off the bone for salads and freeze the remaining breasts in a freezer bag until I want to make another chicken salad. The chicken tends to stay more moist on the bone and I can reheat them in minutes to make another salad.

-I use Dijon mustard for this recipe but I am sure you can use whatever your family likes.

-The pecans are optional. If you are allergic or simply do not like them omit.

-Season to taste. If you like more Mrs. Dash add more. This recipe is pretty flexible.


1 comment:

  1. Yummy. I love chicken salad sandwiches. I think it's mostly a woman thing though. Something we see at brunches and social gatherings. :) I love the sandwich thins-they are definately better for you than croissants!

    ReplyDelete