Monday, June 14, 2010

Monster Cookies

When my husband was in PT school, we made some great friends with another couple and she is a great cook. She taught me so many things. I am so grateful to her for all she imparted. One of the recipes she gave me is for an amazing cookie. My favorite cookie ever. I can eat these until I am sick I love them so much. But I figure they are a little healthy because they have peanut butter and oatmeal. (Smile.)


Monster Cookies



1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 cube butter
3 eggs
1 1/3 c. peanut butter
1 c. M & M's
1/2 t. vanilla
1 T. corn syrup
1 c. chocolate chips
3/4 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
4 1/2 c. oatmeal
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine sugar and butter and mix until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add peanut butter, vanilla and corn syrup. Add M & M's and chocolate chips. add dry ingredients and mix completely. Scoop onto cookie sheet with large ice cream scoop and flatten slightly. top with additional M & M"s to make it look good. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and move to cooling rack.
Tips:


-I use butter, but you can use margarine.

-I use crunchy peanut butter, I love the little pieces of nuts, great texture.

-I use the large scoop from PC, but my friend always made them with an ice cream scoop to make them true Monster cookies. I love the bigger size but I make them smaller to help them last longer. I would make them huge if it were for a special occasion.

-Try them with a scoop of ice cream smashed between two cookies. The best ice cream sandwich EVER!

Thanks to Melissa for this amazing recipe. It is a favorite in our house.

2 comments:

  1. We love cookies at our house. I am definately going to try this one. I have yet to find one that beats out Cathy's from college, but I'll try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try it....if you AND Melissa recommend this cookie, I know it's gotta be good!

    ReplyDelete